Research Institute of Shakhes Pajouoh at a Glance
Research Institute of ShakhesPajouoh for Engineering of natural disasters, certified by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, has expanded its research activities in three different research sectors of: Management, geography and civil engineering, each sector has three research groups with administration and faculty members according to the rules and regulations approved by the Council of Development Research Center of Higher Education, Ministry of Science, Research and Technology. Besides it is certified for admission of students by the Ministry of Health treatment and Medical Education, the Health Research Center was also established. Currently more than 50 faculty members and 200 researchers are directly in contact with the research center.
A review of the performances of Research Institute of ShakhesPajouoh for Engineering of natural disasters in 2013 AD. In brief:
- Obtaining the final approval for research center from the Ministry of Research, Science and Technology
- Adoption of research-oriented doctoral students in the fields of Civil Engineering (Earthquake and Crisis Management) Human Resources, Entrepreneurship, Geography (urban planning), Climate Risks and Future Studies.
Adoption of MSC. And MA. Students in the fields of Civil Engineering (earthquake and structure), Future Studies, Reconstruction, Health Safety Enviroment (HSE), Crisis Management , Environmental Hazards and Disaster Management with the permission of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology.
- Adoption of research-oriented doctoral students majoring in Health Management in Disaster and Health in Disasters and Emergencies from the Ministry of Health and Medical Education
- Receiving the best national research center Award in holding research-oriented doctoral courses from the Minister of Science, Research and Technology
- Establishing Science and Technology Observatory in the fields of crisis management and construction industry from the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology
- Establishing National planning
- Accepting post-doctoral researchers
- Obtaining the license of evaluation and ranking of real and legal persons in the field of natural disaster management by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology
- Free implementation of quick assessment of masonry buildings in Isfahan
Free distribution of thousands of educational books in the fields of crisis management, future studies, etc.
- Opening Shakhes Pajouh elites club
- Comprehensive crisis management plan for towns of Ahar, Varzeqan, Bushehr, Baharestan, etc.
- Holding the first comprehensive examination of disaster management in the country under the supervision of Iran's National Education Assessment Organization
- Setting up a laboratory for measuring climatic parameters
- Holding short-term training courses in the field of crisis management, seismic rehabilitation and future research
- Scientific cooperation contracts with domestic and foreign universities
- Signing a memorandum of understanding for scientific and research cooperation with different industries of the country
Publishing two "Scientific-Research" journals entitled : " Spatial Planning & Crisis Management”, " Futures study in Natural Disaster" and an international journal entitled: "International Journal of Health System and Disaster Management"
- Supporting the scientific-specialized theses related to institute's activities such as supporting 120 research projects and student theses
- Developing 8 guidelines and technical standards in the areas of crisis management and new technologies for agencies and departments
- Compilation, writing and publishing over 50 technical books
- Compilation of strategic documents for the National Science and Technology Observatory
- Compilation of strategic document of water crisis
- The unveiling of Science and Technology Observatory site and creating social knowledge-based networking
- Providing educational animation on earthquake preparedness
- Conducting education programs on earthquake preparedness in schools
- Publishing articles in prestigious journals in national and International conferences.
- Designing machinery and specialized equipment needed in the construction industry
- Running research projects in the steel industry, transportation, oil and gas, urban and regional planning
- Designing and codifying applied models of crisis management
- Creating and developing a formula for quick seismic assessment of buildings
- Running over 80 thousand hours of specialized training courses
- Job training for public sector employees on issues of crisis management by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology
- Holding workshops around the country on issues related to disaster management and civil defense
- Active participation in specialized domestic and foreign international conferences and exhibitions
- Conducting national and international conferences and specialized workshops
- Having active scientific, educational and consulting contracts with various agencies and organizations
- Attracting more than 50 faculty members and 230 young and creative researchers in various scientific groups of the research center
- Construction of highly specialized laboratories in the fields of Civil, Geotechnical and Structural Engineering.